While we love a good cheat sheet of skin care tips, everyone’s skin is different, and a general list is hardly a “one size fits all” solution. Thankfully, dermatologists, like Dr. Kelli Arntzen in Seattle, can help to get your skin healthy and on track, regardless of why you stepped foot in the office to begin with. The way to really get the most out of your visit, though, is to ask the questions you need to ask.
Your dermatologist will likely be able to answer most questions, but if you never ask, you’ll never know. If you are having issues with your skin or just want to find out more about a dermatologist you might be interested in checking out someone like a skin five dermatologist for more information and to ask any questions you may have. Here, we’ve put together 10 questions you should be asking your dermatologist so you can get the best skin possible.
- What is this acne coming from? Acne triggers are all around us, and if you find the root of the problem, you’ll be one step closer to a solution. Depending on whether your acne is caused by your diet, stress or hormonal changes, you can form an attack plan that will really work.
- Are there changes in my sun spots, moles, etc.? Considering the amount of sun exposure we’re getting these days, sun spots and moles need to be checked periodically to monitor abnormalities. The minute you notice a strange spot on your skin, head to the dermatologist and have them keep an eye on it. Early detection is key with such things.
- What’s the best moisturizer for my skin type? Regardless of your skin type, you should be using moisturizer. You just have to make sure it’s the rightmoisturizer. Hydrated skin is less prone to wrinkles and other signs of aging, so keeping your skin moisturized today will make your skin thank you tomorrow.
- Which products won’t hurt my skin? Whether you ask about specific products or specific brands, having a list of products that won’t hurt your skin is priceless. Prepared with that list, you’ll be able to walk into any drugstore or beauty supply store without questioning what you’re buying.
- Can I get rid of these scars? Each scar is different, and depending on how deep a scar is rooted under your skin, your dermatologist may be able to help remove the scar. But, if you don’t ask, you’ll never know. If you don’t have a dermatologist you might be interested in someone like Ava MD dermatologist or someone local to you.