While we love a good cheat sheet of skin care tips, everyone’s skin is different, and a general list is hardly a “one size fits all” solution. Thankfully, dermatologists can help to get your skin healthy and on track, regardless of why you stepped foot in the office to begin with. The way to really get the most out of your visit, though, is to ask the questions you need to ask. It’s really important to find a good dermatologist, my friend recently recommended me to visit this website. There are a lot of dermatologists all over the United States. If you have a problem your might want to ask a NYC dermatologist, they might be able to help you with your problem.
Your dermatologist will likely be able to answer most questions, but if you never ask, you’ll never know. Here, we’ve put together 10 questions you should be asking your dermatologist so you can get the best skin possible.
- Is it okay to go out in the sun with this prescription? While sun exposure isn’t exactly celebrated in the dermatology world to begin with, some treatments may make your skin even more sensitive to sunlight. If you’re taking a topical or oral medication for skin, be sure to ask your doctor if sun exposure will throw a monkey wrench into the treatment.
- How often should I be exfoliating? There are countless exfoliants with endless ingredients, and depending on your skin type, exfoliation can play a very important role in keeping your skin fresh. For sensitive skin, smaller exfoliating granules will be gentler, while for oily skin, larger scrubs can be better. Ask your dermatologist how often you should be exfoliating and when you are, find out which kind of exfoliant will work best with your skin.
- Which foods should I be avoiding? Whether you’ve got an allergy to gluten or you’re unknowingly consuming a hundred grams of sugar hiding in your power bars every day, ask your dermatologist which foods you should be staying away from. Certain ingredients (like gluten) can hide in foods, and changing your diet can dramatically change your skin. You should always ask your dermatologist columbia sc what foods you should be avoiding, and they will give you an answer that will improve your skin’s overall health
- Are there ingredients that will upset my skin?Much like food, there are skin care ingredients that should be avoided at all costs, depending on your skin type. For those with acne, benzoyl peroxide works wonders, but the same ingredient can make dry skin even more dry. Talk to your doctor about what will work best for you.
- Can I get a facial? Few things are more luxurious than a trip to the spa, but leaving with irritated skin ruins the whole day. Finding out if your skin won’t benefit from a facial (or that a facial will actually harm your skin) ahead of time will save you a lot of stress and money.